top of page
Walkabout II Pacific Cruise 2018
Life is not a rehearsal
Book Your Bunk Now!
- Sat 06 Oct06SatOctLeg 8 Noumea, New Caledonia; Brisbane Australia/Noumea06 Oct 2018, 9:00 am – 27 Oct 2018, 9:00 amNoumea, Noumea, New CaledoniaSetting off from Noumea we will visit several islands that sit inside the world’s second largest barrier reef, possibly visiting the Isle of Pines a second time before departing on the last passage to Brisbane. Fast sailing in an area of fast moving fronts. Sailing to Moreton Bay.
- Sat 15 Sept15SatSeptLeg 7 Port Vila, Vanuatu; Loyalty Islands, Noumea, New Caledonia/Port Vila15 Sept 2018, 9:00 am – 05 Oct 2018, 9:00 amPort Vila, Port Vila, VanuatuExhilarating sailing, difficult navigation and coral piloting plus exotic islands highlight this leg. After a 220 mile passage we’ll make landfall and explore the isolated Loyalty Islands. Then we will visit the spectacular Isle of Pines before going to Noumea. “The Paris of the South Seas”.
- Mon 27 Aug27MonAugLeg 6 Lautoka, Fiji; Tana, Port Vila, Vanuatu/Lautoka27 Aug 2018, 9:00 am – 14 Sept 2018, 9:00 amLautoka, Lautoka, FijiIf fast downwind sailing, interesting and unusual islands and culture plus great weather appeals, check this one out. Following a 550 mile broad reach we’ll clear at Aneityum, Vanuatu. A fast 50 mile downwind passage will see us anchoring in the shadow of and visiting the active Mt. Yasur volcano.
- Thu 09 Aug09ThuAugLeg 5 Nuku’alofa, Tonga; Suva, Lautoka, Fiji/Nuku'alofa09 Aug 2018, 9:00 am – 26 Aug 2018, 9:00 amNuku'alofa, Nuku'alofa, TongaAfter exploring Tonga we will once again head west through the windward islands of Fiji to clear customs at Suva. We can then spend many glorious days sailing around the Fijian islands ending up in Lautoka. Lautoka being near the Nadi airport making a very convenient crew change location.
- 17 July 2018, 9:00 am – 08 Aug 2018, 9:00 amRarotonga, Rarotonga, Cook IslandsFollowing a fast 600 mile broad reach from Rarotonga, we look forward to landfall at Niue, known to be the world’s smallest and friendliest island nation. Possibly swimming with humpback whales (if we’re lucky), snorkelling (maybe Scuba) and cycling before heading west to the islands of Tonga.
- Sat 23 Jun23SatJunLeg 3 Papeete, Tahiti; Rarotonga, Cook Islands/Pape'ete23 June 2018, 9:00 pm – 16 July 2018, 9:00 amPape'ete, Pape'ete, French PolynesiaArriving just in time for the Hieva Festival, this leg showcases the best sailing and most beautiful islands in the world. It offers a comprehensive overview of tropical passage making starting with an afternoon sail to Moorea, an overnighter to Huahine, day sails to Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora
- Thu 24 May24ThuMayLeg 2 Auckland, NZ; Rurutu, Papeete, Tahiti/Auckland24 May 2018, 9:00 pm – 22 June 2018, 9:00 amAuckland, Auckland, New Zealand24 May to 22 June - This is the longest and most exhilarating passage of the voyage. Skirting the Roaring Forties in an area of fast-moving fronts before blast-reaching up to Rurutu in the Austral Islands and then on to Tahiti, providing an introduction to tropical cruising. Total distance 2,700mile
- 05 May 2018, 9:00 pm – 23 May 2018, 9:00 amManly, Manly QLD 4179, AustraliaIf you are after a demanding ocean passage, warmer and shorter than Leg 2, here it is! This 1500 mile Tasman crossing, which is an area of some volatility of which May/June is the calmest time. Our departure date will be flexible and carefully chosen to make for the most comfortable crossing.
bottom of page